Tuesday, December 11, 2012


College Student To Marketing Professional


Most everyone goes through it nowadays, that couple of months where you have to drastically switch gears from the careless, late night college student, to an early morning, full-time professional. There is no option to wake up tired and think, “I’ll skip class today” and sleep until noon (even though I think I’d like to sometimesJ).  This past Spring, it was time for me to get serious and no longer have that college mentality. This rite of passage is a part of life that sometimes isn't the easiest, but it is well worth the outcome of being a “grown up.”

Waking up early those first couple of months was rough as I wasn't used to going to bed before 2 am, and needless to say, I relied heavily on Starbucks and energy drinks to get me functioning at 8 am. Luckily, I started working for Moore Research part-time while finishing college, which gave me an understanding of what I would be doing and who I would be working with, making the transition into a new job with a new company much easier than I expected.

Now, I've been at Moore Research for 7 months, and although waking up at 7 am isn't any more glorious, I don’t mind it because I enjoy my job, making it worth getting up and coming to work every day.

  • What made your transition between college days and working full-time a little easier for you?
  • How important do you think internships are while you are in college?
  • What’s your go to food or drink when you need energy in the morning? 
Alexandra Johnson
Project Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment